Is it normal to have doubts/small trust issues with your partner?

Anonymous
I understand everyone has a past and with that I have no problem, it's normal. But I know one or two things about my boyfriend and his previous relationships that he doesn't know I know. For example I know of one or two affairs (he with married women) that he has had. I know roughly how he felt about them, seeing a future etc. And I understand that is in the past and ended up not being what he wanted or didn't work out etc...
But because I know how he expressed his feelings to these women and compare it to how he expresses his feelings towards me kind of uneases me. He says he loves me and I believe him but he also said these things to these other women - and because I am not the most confident person (in myself) I often wonder if he felt more for them then than what he feels for me now...
Is it normal to feel like this? And will it pass? Or is it something that I will always feel and therefore feel a lack of trust whether his feelings are genuine?

Side note: this is the most serious and longest relationship I have had, whereas he has had much longer relationships in the past (he is 8 years older)
19
1