What does it mean when a guy doesn't call you his girlfriend but want to be exclusive?

Anonymous
We met each others family and he told me I dont belong to any other guy. We don't always have sex, we mostly go out, eat, shop, play video games w each other and make out a lot in his car. We see each other like at least 4 days a week and we've been together for 5 months. I told him that my parents refer to him as a "close friend". He said "what? How can they think we are just close friends?" At that point I was too shy to communicate with him about it and just let it go. We never said "I love you" but we call each other babe and baby. We also never have a photo together. And I don't let him go through my phone cuz I dont want him seeing the long list of other guys contacts and snaps.. I honestly don't know what we are.
4
2