How to avoid falling in the trap of unhealthy attachment?

Anonymous
There's this girl I used to like. I didn't know if she liked me back or not, but I could feel I am getting attached to her in a manner that I would describe as unhealthy. I started texting her almost daily with different excuses to talk to her since we cannot meet because of corona.

I was able to figure out luckily that what I am calling love is actually obsession which may negatively impact our friendship, so I kind of started avoiding her. I don't have any feelings for her anymore, but I would like to learn from you girls that how can a guy like me can stay calm and just live his life normally without making it all about the girl I like.

Distraction helps, but the feeling of attachment still resides in heart. Any tips to deal with this behavior? I don't want to be end up as a weird person by texting too much in future.
3