Boyfriend worries about his temper and doesn’t want to hurt me but has warned me about it- good/bad thing?

Anonymous
My boyfriend who I've only been with about 8 months is very honest and open with me, we are with each other but he’s warned me about a few things and one is his temper sometimes.
He’s never been angry at all with me yet but he’s worried that one day when he shows it that I won’t like it and I’ll get upset.
I’m similar, we both have tempers maybe but is this a good or bad thing that he’s telling/warning me? Should I be worried? I’m not sure if it’s a big deal or not, but I’m glad he told me and then it’s not such a big thing if it does happen, we all get angry sometimes but I’ve told him I don’t want someone who is abusive etc which he isn’t and he understands.
2
2