Can someone help me, why do you think a guy would push you away?

Anonymous
Hi. I was dating to this guy before about a year ago. We got along so well and he said he liked me we’d facetime for a few hours. Anyways he started getting distant. Around 3 months later he went to jail. He went for a year and got out just under a month ago. Recently i messaged him because i thought i saw him at the gym, he stated telling me how he has been wanting to message me but he was scared i’d judge him and didn’t like him since he distanced himself from me the last time and obviously went to jail for a year. He does not have a job at the moment due to this.

Anyways he was saying he really wanted to message me and was being so nice and all of a sudden he switched, it’s like he realised somethjnf during mid conversation and now he’s distancing himself from me. The last time we spoken he wasn’t ready for a relationship since he knew he was going to jail and he also at this point just wasn’t ready. WHY WOULD A GUY PUSH YOU AWAY? he thinks im so pretty and we get along amazingly and i know there’s something that’s making him sad i can feel it.
He’s the type of guy you’d see in movies who just pushes a girl away and feels very deeply. He’s very introverted and i just wondered you guys opinions?

I did get attached to him last time and he knew that i was attatched if that helps
25 d
He was so lovely and saying he has been thinking of me and wanting compliment me everytime he saw a photo of me? And now he’s just ended the conversation and is purposely pushing me away by not saying much
1
1