Help! I need relationship advice about my ex?

Anonymous
I need some relationship advice. A little over four years ago, I was dating this guy for a year. We were going strong at first but then things got rocky. He had a lot of family issues and I tried to give him as much support as I could. We broke up and I didn’t hear from him in years. Then November 2019, I got a follow request from him on Instagram, I accepted it and decided to follow him back. In March 2020, he reach out to me and said “hey, it’s been a while”. He asked he how I was doing and my family, I asked him the same. It was a very nice conversation. He also gave me his Snapchat, saying that it’d be nice to catch up more and I agreed. We talked on Snapchat from then until July. We took turns initiating conversations and it was great. Then I found out that he is seeing someone new. It did break my heart to see that, but I want him to be happy. He never has posted about her on social media but I know some guys just aren’t into posting often I guess. I love and miss him very much and he still views my Instagram stories. I don’t know if he’s actually moved on. I still have feelings on my end, but I don’t know about him. He has a girlfriend that I think he’s been dating since April 2020, but hasn’t actually mentioned her on social media. No pictures, nothing. I don’t know he doesn’t give the same attention on social media as she does to him, and why he follows my Instagram and Snapchat stories so closely. I don’t know if it might be a rebound relationship, but it honestly doesn’t seem fair to anyone in this situation. A friend of mine said to reach out to him since it’s been a while that we talked. I’d like to say what I need to say, but at the same time it could go two ways so quickly and I don’t want it to backfire. I really do care about him though and want the best for him.
Add Opinion