Why does he put up with my negative behavior but doesn't with other females?

Anonymous
As complicated as our "relationship" is i will try to sum this explanation up briefly. If anyone wants to say forget about him dont even bother adding a unhelpful opinion. There was a bump in the road in our "relationship" I say it in quotation marks because its a form of a relationship but we have never been officially together. Out of the total 8 months now we had only gotten into 2 big arguments until something happened and i blew up and even yelled at him for the first time ever.. I can admit I am toxic even if I love the man, and he is as well. But I've been working on me as I hope he does himself. He began to speak to another female and it lasted two weeks, which where he told me he didn't feel right sleeping with me anymore which i had later found out was a complete lie... dont ask me why hed lie about that I have no idea. But he dropped this female because she was weird like tripping. Which makes little sense to me because I have been tripping on him every other day for 8 months. This female was apparently very very pretty and completely his type and im quite the opposite im out of his comfort zone. But they were dry dry dry. They'd talk on the phone about work and schedules *blah* or just sit in silence._. I have no idea what had happened between them. But I had still been giving him kisses on the cheek whenever I saw him to which hed smile. And on New Years Eve I mentioned he owed me a kiss. To which he invited me into his room to receive it, we began making out and one thing led to the other and we had sex. Which it became very very clear he had lied to me and enjoys being sexually active with me. But trust me this isn't all our "relationship" is we are so much more. So why would he drop her instead of giving it a chance to make it work because of one mishap where he didn't do anything, to then basically come back to me where we disagree often?
2
2