Is it okay for me to want my boyfriend to spend time alone with me, instead of hanging out in our friend group together?

Anonymous
I haven't seen my boyfriend for about to weeks, since we've both been busy. We both finally have time, but he then decides to invite me and three of our friends over, instead of just me. I don't think a relationship can work, if you never actually spend time alone together. Because if our friends are there, I'll give him space to talk to them instead of me, and he'll do the same thing for me, because we're supposed to see eachother more often than we see them. Only problem is that we don't.

I don't find what he says to resonate with his actions. He says he misses me, and that he wishes I was with him when we're appart, but he doesn't actually try and see me, when we both have time.

Of course I've expressed to him that I wished that we were spending more time one on one, and he agreed.

I guess my real question is: Why would he tell me that he wants to see me, and then let me know that he's not busy by inviting a bunch of our friends and me over? That means I have no time to suggest that we could do anything else instead.
6
3