Can you ever get the attraction back once you start seeing your boyfriend as your lazy teenaged son?

Anonymous
Here are the main issues:

- He put off graduating university until a year after me so we couldn't move back home when we'd agreed we would.

- He is very attached to his pizza delivery job even though his car is falling apart. I know it's hard to find a decent job during a pandemic but I just found a better job so I wish he'd at least make an effort.

- He is very lazy about cleaning up after himself even though I have severe asthma and we both have allergies.

- He claims to have depression too but he refuses to go and get a diagnosis so he can be more proactive about dealing with it.

- He keeps trying to put off moving back to our home city even though it would be more affordable and we could be closer to his terminally ill mother. I know that it's extremely painful but I love his mom and I want to be with her and make memories with her while we still can.

- He has a car and I do not yet I am usually the one who buys and lugs home all the groceries. I also do most of the cooking. He just eats most of the food and most of my snacks.

- He forgets special dates/ holidays. He didn't get me anything for Christmas and I got him something small and thoughtful and then I felt like a fool.

- He goes out of his way to disagree with me on meaningless little things so that I feel like I can't even have a basic conversation with him.

- His sleep schedule is terrible and he says it negatively affects him too but again he won't look for a new job that doesn't require him to stay up until 4 am.

- We both have supportive and emotionally available friends yet I end up being the only person he comes to with emotional issues and it gets overwhelming.

He's like this big messy child who I have to clean up after and feed and work extra hours to support. I don't feel respected at all so my sexuality is completely gone. He's started putting in a bit more of an effort but I don't know how I can ever get that attraction back or get past the hurt of feeling taken for granted.
3
0