My boyfriend's mom called my family and me trailer rednecks. I didn't tell him it bothers me. How do I approach this with him?

xx_crystallover_xx
So I saw the message notification when he came over to my house for the weekend. Her direct words were "How is it at the trailer rednecks?" I asked him why and he said she was just joking. I do not take that so-called joke well. It still hurts considering I have tried my all and act as prim and proper as I can.

It offends me because the synonyms revolving around those words are white trash, hillbillies, and unsophisticated people. I take this seriously because I genuinely believe I am the opposite. Or maybe I am just too sensitive?

How should I approach it? I don't want him to think I dislike his mom. I just took her text to heart.
6
1