Guys, What helps a man transition to try for a baby? Partner wants them & is hesitant to try, how do I help him to take the leap?

DrWhy
My partner is my best friend. I can talk to him about anything & I always want to lol but the subject of kids is different. When I bring them up he doenst want to move past "not right mow". There is just NO discussion... we had our ups & downs but we got to a point that we've worked over a big hurdle & we're levelling out (no cheating involved). Just before covid we went on a break then ended up moving out of our studio because of lockdown. Now I'm in a bigger place I'm hoping he moves back in (he's 10min away) so we can actually live together properly (I highly recommend NOT getting a studio togethet). Also I feel like he would excel in an independent environment (lives at his parents & 2 elderly relatives but no one needs a carer or is incapable). I think he needs to focus on himself as his family are always asking him to do things. I love that he takes care of them but I feel like it keeps him from maturity. And for me, I'm 31 next week. I'm on the trajectory of forward so when he says wait a few years, i see myself stopping having children by 34/35 but we haven't even tried yet so I don't know how much longer we have because I feel like now is my time. He wants everything to be "perfect" but it's a false sense of security when there are no guarantees in life :/ help!
19