Why does my bf’s parents have audacity to ask me for dowry money knowing I don’t follow their culture?

Anonymous
I am dating a guy who has older cultural values of dowry. One I am not part of that culture. Two I’m not going you money for your son. My boyfriend doesn’t want to partake in this tradition which is another reason why he was happy meeting me as I have a different culture. His family feels the need that I would need to pay if I got married to him we’ve been together for a while so obviously I’m waiting. His father and mother told me they’ll take 2000 and gifts when we were just talking and I told them that is not in my tradition and I will not be partaking in that. I’ll have a wedding to plan and save for and my parents certainly won’t be giving my bf’s family money.
4
0