If you were in the hospital, would you invite your significant other to snuggle up in bed with you?

Sedona1
I ask because I was hospitalized for a few weeks when I asked the nurse if it would be okay to just hug my wife in my bed. She said "Yes!" (Apparently few patients ever ask... but should.)

It is so good for everyone, especially for our healing... to remain connected and have that enduring sense of being bonded. It wasn't sexual, but I felt it was just so reassuring for my wife to know we are still bonded and I will always do whatever it takes to show I love her, no matter what happens. The nurse said, "Thank you for asking, we wish more patients would ask. We'll give you some 'quiet time' together". She put a DND (do not disturb) sign on my door for an hour. The power of touch, connection and tenderness with our most significant person in private is SO powerful! It should even be suggested in hospitals whenever possible.
24 d
I asked this because I am now a volunteer for the hospital I was at, and help mentor patients getting transplants... why I was there in the bed myself 10 years ago.

If anyone really read my post, they would have noticed that I got "permission" from the nurse first. It's imperative for any patient to do that!!! But several posted as though I was going rogue. NOT!!!

The healing process actually embodies more factors than most of us know. Asking the nurses or doctors isn't a bad thing!
24 d
Secondly, if your "significant other" is really important to you, then take the journey together! Honesty is so rare these days, but keeping the communication up isn't only for the healthy. IT'S ALWAYS CRUCIAL to ANY relationship!!!
3
2