My ADD boyfriend puts important things off and now he is kind is screwed. What should we do?

ragequeen
I'll try to keep things short. But basically my boyfriend has not finished high school and took up a bunch of classes last semester but still has two left he needs to do. Problem is, he has been so focused on this dream job opportunity that it now seems like he won't get it, that he forgot about exam deadlines and missed the deadline to sign up for the spring exams.

This means he has to wait until December to take those exams. Which again means he can't go to school for a whole other year. And he won't get that dream job.

We now live together, but my expectation was that we both had school to do or he at least had a job lined up in the near future. But now he might have neither. I have really bad anxiety and Im freaking out. He could get a job but it sucks that he keeps putting shit off.

I also know that if he won't have anything to do, he will get depressed and that will take a toll on my mental health as well.

In addition, my parents don't know that he missed the deadline and expected him to be doing school right now. So I don't know what to tell them. They don't understand Add either so they wouldn't take that as an explanation.

What should we do? What should he be doing in the meantime? I'm very stressed and sad and I don't know how to cope.
21
3