Do guys tend to pick the more simple and easy woman over the wild, more unpredictable woman despite feeling more in love with the wilder one?

paradiseonearth93
To expand- I was watching Sex and The City, and at the end of season 2 they mentioned the movie The Way We Were, where the man ultimately chooses to be with (as they say) the woman with the straight hair who is simple and easy, she is safe, over the woman he is actually in love with (Barbara Streisand) who is more wild, unpredictable and things weren’t as easy.

Im just wondering if this is a real thing? Do guys have the woman they fall in love with but ultimately don’t choose to marry vs the girl that maybe makes more sense and is safe and marries instead?
5 d
I don’t mean wild as in a party girl. I mean more free spirited
5
1