What would you do if your OLDER S. O. said you may date other people if they became too old/ill to tend to you so long as you are secretive about it?

So you fall in love with someone far older than you. All is going well. Yet one day they bring up the subject of some day they might become ill or too old to keep up with you. You are taken off guard and perhaps not comfortable talking about this but they insist the subject must be addressed. Before you can say anything else they take you by the hand look you straight in the eye and say... "If I ever become too old or so ill that I can't tend to you as a lover should I would want you to remain at my side but I want you to be happy too. So I give you permission to date another if or when that time comes so long as you keep it quiet and a secret. I won't hold it against you but I would prefer not to know about it. Promise me you will do this for me."

What would you say at that precise moment and what would you do if that time they speak of ever came?
I would respect their wish and agree with them. If the time came I would secretly date another.
I would respect their wish and agree with them so not to upset them. However If the time came I would not date another.
I would respectfully disagree with them and promise my loyalty. If the time came I would not date another.
Vote C
I would respectfully disagree with them and promise my loyalty to make them feel better about themself. However If the time came I would secretly date another.
Vote D
I would be too shocked or too uncomfortable to say anything. If the time came I would not date another.
Vote E
I would be too shocked or too uncomfortable to say anything. However If the time came I would secretly date another.
Vote F
How I react is irrelevant because if that time came I would just leave the person.
Vote G
GirlGuy
20 d
WOW I this is a split poll 9 saying they wouldn't date another & 9 stating differently. I appreciate all who took the poll.
An interesting point was brought up. About keeping one's original marriage vows. what I was not clear about was I meant you were told about their wishes as an ultimatum to continuing your dating relationship. Meaning they would only continue to date or agree to marry you if you preagreed to their wishes. What would you say? If they became incompetent/childlike what then?
15
1