How to tell my strict Asian parents I'm dating/living with a white guy when I've lied to them and told them he's Asian?

Anonymous
How to tell my strict Asian parents Im dating/living with a white guy when Ive lied to them and told them hes Asian?
My parents are Asian and have always very much wanted me to date Asian guys. It's a pretty big deal to them that my future husband is able to continue Asian culture in our household and help make fully Asian kids. This has influenced me to pretty much just date Asian guys. Both my boyfriends in high school were Asian and my past boyfriend in college was Asian as well. However, about 9 months ago I started dating a white guy (and to be honest I'm not sure if I would have done so if my parents lived in the same state as the university I go to). He is an amazing boyfriend and we genuinely do love each other (and have both said that to each other). I've told my parents about him and they very much approve of him (He is almost done with a masters degree in computer engineering and he does have some great job prospects). However, pretty early on I lied to my parents and told them he's Asian/sent them a fake Asian picture of him. I know I shouldn't have done it, but at the time I wasn't sure how long the relationship would go and I was very afraid of their judgement. Ever since then I came up with a lot of fake excuses (both to him and them) as to why they couldn't meet (he doesn't know about this either). Now my parents are flying over to where I'm going to school and are pretty much insisting that they meet him. I'm really nervous about this, and not just because he's white. He and I are both living together and I don't think I'll be able to hide that from them. When they find out it won't be hard for them to figure out we're sexually active together and they'll very much disapprove of that as well. I know I need to tell both them and my boyfriend about the truth of the situation, but I've really dug myself into a hole. What's the best way I can handle the given situation/best tell my parents and my boyfriend the truth about everything?
5
1