What does it mean when someone asks a guy what he thinks of the girl (whether he likes her or not) and he said she has potential?

Jayde21
So a couple of months ago there were rumors about me that I liked the guy I'm gonna talk about. It was true but also not. I've only talked to him once.

Later that week he slides in my dm on Instagram and asked if it was true I liked him. I freaked out! I didn't know what to say and I was shaking like crazy (I said something really stupid) I know guys want a yes or no and not a maybe but I said maybe a little, it just sucks someone told it and I don't know you personally, so if it's real I don't know. (I know I know, I feel guilty for saying that but at that moment I didn't know it any more, it's not an excuse) I would do it over again if I could and say it better and more clearly.

He l said "ohw" and didn't reply anymore. When I apologized for all the drama going on he said it was fine, he just wanted to know. Later he blocked me.
Now he's always staring at me and with his friends and when I walk past them the group is silent and I hear my name. It's really awkward and I don't know how to behave because it's these eyes on me.

Later I heard that he said to someone I had potential... I'm really confused, like what does that mean? It can not mean he sees something in me because I think he doesn't like me.

What do you think?
5
0