If I’m not good enough for my bd anymore, why do we have to stay together then? Can you see his perspective on things?

Anonymous
I’ve been with my BD for 7 years. I’ve been through depression and relapsed on cutting this week.

Other than that, I’ve stuck it through. My partner usually was the one to have more love and effort in the relationship. But recently I felt a shift, on his end and I’ve asked him, what am I doing here? Am I a placeholder for someone else? But he says no, and that he wants me. The past four years I’ve been the only one working and he’s been able to stay home with our son. Which has made me upset because I wish I was able to be in that position. he’d argue back with, “wouldn’t that go against your feminist beliefs?”

At this moment, We haven’t slept with each other for 9 months. He’s a stay at home dad. He assured me that he loves me and wants our family to stay together. He’s taken on healthier habits for himself of losing weight but it doesn’t seem like we’re a priority since then. But when it comes to me mentioning of separation he makes it clear that he’ll fight for more custody because he “doesn’t want to have a night without his son.”

I’m back from work, and alone again for, literally the third week in a row because he’s out with a mutual friend of ours working on a car. I just don’t know what I should say or do. I really wish he was cheating on me because just this period of him maybe avoiding me is driving me crazy.
0
1