Why stay with a cheater when you can leave the cheater?

CallmeTheKnight
For a long time people get cheated on for many reasons, even some reasons can be dumb. I can say that I've been cheated on a long time ago, but I forgave her. However, it kept running back and forth about two weeks in my mind to where I eventually told her that even though I've forgiven her, I'm not staying with her. No explanation, just got in my truck and left. Don't get me wrong, she began making a big effort on saving the relationship and I can respect her for that, yet it didn't at the end of the day. I think for me, it came down to boundaries that were crossed and the fact that she wanted that other man and not me, only opened my eyes up to who she was. I nearly stayed with her, knowing that I wouldn't be able to trust from that point on if I were to stay with her. How can you be comfortable with someone you no longer trust?

Many stay, many leave, many let them come back, but at the end of the day, you know where someone stands with you once they have an affair. It may not be as clear as day, but it would be better if you left him or her the moment you find out and for your own health, get tested as well.
8
17