My boyfriend talks about his ex, won’t change his relationship status to NOT single on Facebook, and still have his ex on it. Should we have a talk?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I had been dating for over a year. But we were official for 7 months. He mention about his ex here and there. I don’t want to hear it, and I don’t find it interesting. For example, we were talking about tanning and he talked about how his ex got burnt bad on vacation. He even brought his ex up in front of his family before. I will admit I mind these things because she’s the past. I don’t bring up my ex unless we are talking about our past relationships. I definitely won’t bring up my ex in front of my family and him.

They don’t contact anymore for almost 2 years. But they still have each other on Facebook. Her entire family is also still on his Facebook. I realized his Facebook status shows single. In a very casual way I told him that I noticed yours says single. He just reminded me that his Facebook is clearly not up to date about his life, and how he’s not that social media type. I suggested to at least hide it, and he didn’t do anything left it at single. He also not the type to post things on Facebook, and the only photo we have is the one that I tagged him.

These things adds up, and it makes things look bad for him. I am not asking for him to delete the ex or anything, and I understand maybe he just don’t care. But at least not to show to the public that you are single.

If I chat about it to him, how should I start the conversation?
Yes
No
GirlGuy
3
2