Are some men now getting smart with abusing women without hitting them?

Anonymous
I was briefly stuck for 4 months with a manipulator. He would make me feel like everything was my fault, that I owe him so much and threatened that our relationship would be over if I didn't do as he said.

3 of my friends have shared similar stories. Their bfs either put ultimatums frequently or they felt as if walking on eggshells. Then the guy would pretend to break up and they would beg him not to go. It seems like emotional and mental abuse have been getting more common nowadays. Are some men getting smarter at it? Just like my ex boyfriend, they never hit their gfs either but it was enough to bring tear on us often, make us stress out and feel miserable.
2 d
Then practically every single argument me and my friends had with their men... it was started by the guys themselves. He would start arguing and raising his voice about how he wouldn've felt the need to argue if we had done as he said, how none of this had happened if we, etc...
11
2