How do you let go of a toxic ex?

Anonymous
I ended things with my ex a while back because of his drinking problem. We would get on really well, until he would get too drunk, insult me, cancel plans last minute and didn’t want to commit properly and gave mixed messages.

He recently came back into my life and we went out, it reminded me of old times and how well we got on and we reminisced on our time together and he said he wanted to go on a date. But already he’s not matching the words he said that night to to actions and still not committing to ‘labels’ as he calls them.

He has repeatedly shown me red flags but why can I just not get over him? I constantly feel miserable and on edge, like I’m sad if I don’t hear from him but when I do I see even more signs. Our mutual friends say I’m too good for him but why can’t I just move on and forget him? Some advice would be great on how to get over a toxic ex once and for all
How do you let go of a toxic ex?
1
1