Do you think it's wrong or unreasonable for someone to not like or distrust the opposite gender if they've constantly been hurt or abused by them?

MCheetah
This man has decided hes finally "going his own way."
This man has decided he's finally "going his own way."
I seem to see this all the time on this site. And I can't exactly say I'm 100% guilt-free of it, either. I've been hurt A LOT by women, often viciously and cruelly. But if I see a woman constantly complain about men, my first instinct is to assume she's a feminist, extremely entitled and picky, or has a crappy attitude. It would be wrong of me to think that of women when I have personal experience of the opposite gender being mean or abusive to me.

A recent comment by @lilam got me thinking about this. It also got me thinking that we both (men and women) need to treat each other with more kindness. Although I doubt that'll happen. But it just seems like many women have been hurt just as badly as many of us guys have. But we don't tend to feel as much sympathy when it's on their side.

I don't hate women, for the record. But I do think many of them think the same way and are generally too picky and demanding. I have too much life experience to not think such "sexist" things.

So, is it always "bad" or "unreasonable" to distrust the opposite gender (not outright hating them) if someone has constantly been unfairly hurt or abused by them many times?
8
8