Has any woman here chosen to remain childless and not regretted it?

Anonymous
Any woman over 40 who has chosen to remain childless, still sticks by the decision and hasn’t regretted it? Do you mind sharing your reasons for remaining childless also?

Any girls here under 30 who know they never want to have children?

I have always thought I’d have kids and get married because that’s just what everyone does but recently I’ve come to realise that there’s no point in getting married just for the hell of it and that if I ever do marry it’ll be for love and only for love.

I have also recently been thinking about not having children because I had a difficult childhood that has left me quite mentally and emotionally damaged and I don’t want to subconsciously pass on any of those traits. Plus mental health illnesses runs in both families and I don’t want that to be passed onto my kids.

Also because inevitably if anyone comes into this world they’re bound to be hurt at some point by life or by someone and I wouldn’t be able to bear seeing my child in pain.

I heard women who remain unmarried and childless also tend to be happier. When I think about getting tied down, losing my freedom and losing my youth it does make me feel really depressed.
7
2