Why do some people fall in love instantly, and others take time?

PiinkFalls
I’ve been in multiple relationships where there has been mutual love in weeks or even days. I have even been in a relationship where I instantly fell in love. However, now I’m in a relationship where it is taking my partner a few months now to say the magical L word.(love) I was wondering why do some people instantly fall in love and why do others take time? Also it is taking me some time as well to really truly know if I love him. That is not something i understand though because I’m used to almost instantly loving someone. I did feel an instant connection to the person I’m dating however I’m not sure if it is love yet. It is giving me some anxiety because I’m not used to having to wait like this. Also my partner told me that he can feel himself starting to love me. What does that mean? We’ve been going at it for 2 1/2 months now.
6
2