Did the state of your relationships follow in the footsteps of your parents relationship with others?

DizzyDesii
I dont mean just your parents’ relationship with eachother. It could be your parents relationship as a couple or what they had with their parent or what they had with others.
My parents split when i was 2. It was my grandma’s doing but its all good. I dont remember shit about those two being a couple lmao. So that part certainly had no affect. Well not in the way you think. Seeing my mom not need a man gave me that mentality for a while. But then she started to need a man too much and it became hard to respect her.
When my dad visits every 3 years, he still tries to put the moves on my mom. She shuts his ass down so fast. Too funny. And when they ask if i’d ever care to see them be a couple, i laugh and walk away. I legit never cared to see them become a thing. Im not that typical kid. Shit back then i wanted my mom all for myself. I wasn't tryna split her attention with no ninja.
What did affect me was seeing my mom let three of her boyfriends use and mentally abuse her. Only one tried to lay hands and she mollywhopped his ass. That definitely set in with me as to how i became physically strong. But i admit that emotional weakness she showed reflected on me for my first few relationships. Glad i grew out of that in less than half the time it took her.
Another thing was seeing how she let her mom run her. She always promised she wouldn't be like that with me but she became exactly that. She gave them all her earnings and expected me to do the same. Luckily i checked her ass again in less than half the time it took her to check her folks. Shit she still bows down and does any and everything for their ungrateful asses. She’s mad cause i told her she can't live with me when she grows old. Not after the way she's been bullshitting. I won't put her in the nursing home but i’ll get her an in home nurse.
I’m sure this song has a different meaning but i just heard it today and it hits different for me.

#FeelFreeToList
18
4