Girls, What should I say to my female friend who was almost raped?

Anonymous
Today a female friend of mine was doing her morning walk with her little dog when a car pulled up and a guy ran out towards her. He grabbed her and tried to put her in the back of his car. She fought back for dear life (she's a feisty girl thankfully) and clawed up his face. She ended up losing her nails in the scuffle. The guy hauled off and punched her several times trying to knock her out but she was able to fight him off long enough for neighbors to run out to her. The guy escaped and no one got the tags. She's now got 2 black eyes and is at home. She called me crying and I was at a loss for words. I didn't know what to say, only what to do. I told her she needs to get a gun now. Like there's no two ways about it. A gun, pepper spray, maybe a baton. But I don't know what else to say or do. Ladies especially please give me some advice here.
2