Can you still LOVE and deeply care about someone but break-up with them?

My ex broke up with me 3 days ago we'd been 2gether for 9 months I love him soo much! and he came over we talked for like 2 hours! and hungout, He told me that he still loves me and that I'm an incredible woman, good person blah blah all this positive stuff BUT all I could think was if you think all this good stuff about me why don't you try to work it out.basically he can't commit to having a girlfriend right now with his stressful work schedule.I was just crying and telling him that he isn't the only guy in the world! and stuff like that, He kissed me, I asked him EVERY possible question as to y he "had" to end it if he STILL loves me so much! I told him that I understand that he needs to focus on his job.but everyday people have jobs AND girlfriends.idk, does this sound like bs to u? if he didn't love me he wouldn't have taken the time to come and tell me WHY.n said he still wants to hangout,hmm
3
6