8 months, all the signs, 3 words won't come out?

So I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months now and people have noticed we don't say "I love you." I personally didn't see a problem, but literally 3 relationships started up around me, the couples dated from weeks to 2 months and the words have been said already. My boyfriend and I are pretty close. We talk about everything, we barely ever argue, we talk- whether through text or on the phone every day, we do the whole "I miss you..I like you more than anything...you are my world...I want to be with you right now" deal all the time, and we are just comfortable with each other. Anyway, after my past relationships (not to mention the way I was brought up) I have pretty much been waiting for him to say the words everyone waits to hear. He says everything, but that. I figure of course maybe he isn't ready, but he asked me out and told me he liked me rather quickly. So I'm confused. I cannot even get myself to say it first again. A week after I told my ex of one year I loved him, he told me he cheated on me. I haven't had many good relationships and I know its not right to compare but I learn from experience. I feel like a child even asking or worrying...but is it normal? I mean the amount of time and the way our relationship is going. My friend said I need to come out and ask him, but I'm not the type to put someone on the spot unless they hurt someone. Any advice or comments would be great. Thanks for reading this ridiculousness.
8 months, all the signs, 3 words won't come out?
Add Opinion