What is the best and quickest way to get over a first love?

What's the best way to get over a first love? I have tried everything. I tried talking to other guys I thought I could hit it off with, that only made it worse. I tried to hate my ex that only made me feel bitter and mean. I tried telling him how I felt and that only made it messy and complicated. Now the only thing I can really do is not talk to him again for a while. This last summer, we didn't talk, that was easy. But, when I started seeing him places, and seeing his post on Facebook and hearing my sister and best friend gossip about him and his new girlfriend that only made me upset. Then I learnt they broke up. I was relieved, because she was mean to him and she wasn't a nice girl. Then one day we started taking and he said he still loved me, and was a idiot for leaving me. He told me he wanted to be together forever. Then we tried dating and it was amazing for two weeks. When he said he wasn't sure how he felt. He still was sweet and hugged me and practically acted like my boyfriend, without the I love you. Then he told me he liked this girl that is my college class that we both know. She is one of the nicest girls in that class and we talk from time to time. Then me and my ex got in a huge fight and he said it was best for both of us not to talk to each other. He also did a similar thing this last summer. Every time I see the girl he likes, I feel worthless. It's like what does she have that I don't. He told me this last time, I had everything he wanted I was his dream girl. He was the one that feel for me first. I feel so sad sometimes, because the boy I can't stop loving likes someone else, and who knows if they are together or not. No one tells me anything about him, I have to find out the hard way. What can I do to get over him? Part of me wants to confront him. What do you guys do, when you try to move on from someone? Thanks:)
What is the best and quickest way to get over a first love?
Add Opinion