What do girls mean when they say you're too good for them?

I had a girl break up with me and say I was too good for her. I am told I'm really cute, I have a union job, I attend college at night, I am in excellent physical shape, I was really kind, loving and sweet to her. She left me for a guy who lives at home, lost his driver's license for DUI, is unattractive, unkempt, bisexual, ex-junky, druggie, stoner who treats her like shit. To be fair she doesn't have her life together too well either but I really love her and care about her. She comes from a broken home, father left when she was 5, she lost her virginity to rape at 13, problems with anorexia, cutting, mother on drugs, got a GED, works temp jobs, had a child out of wedlock. She said that she thought I'd realize I was better off without her and leave her so she left me. We together for almost a year and were planning to get an apartment together. She said wanted to get married and have my children. Then over about a month and half she started acting cold, distant, unaffectionate. Then called and dumped me over the phone. She tried to booty call me a bunch of times and I blew her off. Now she tells me she's engaged to that loser. So I decided to cut her out of my life completely. Maybe she was right that I was too good for her but I really loved her and her son. I never would have left her unless she cheated on me. I was serious about getting a place together getting married and having children. Not to sound corny but isn't love what really matters not money, appearances, job status, social standing etc?
What do girls mean when they say you're too good for them?
Add Opinion