What do you believe in?

Personally, I believe that we all exist and that's what matters. I don't know how or why we exist, and I never will, no one ever will. And that's fine. I think that the only meaning anything has is the meaning that people give it.
I don't go by any kind of religion and I respect that some people do. I think that religion is something that people made to help themselves understand the universe and to give them hope that after this life there is something else. Religion is just thing to help people give life meaning, and that's okay, I just don't agree with it.

218

Most Helpful Guy

• @RuthAnn1781

"I think that the only meaning anything has is the meaning that people give it."

It's entirely subjective when it comes to meaning, value, "importance", worth, value, etc. is entirely determined, generated, created by what we think, believe, desire, demand, want, feel that it has. Or it could be something that we simply "need" in order to survive, like water for example, and thus it has "meaning" and "importance", "relevance", "purpose", etc.

I know that we will all die eventually no matter what we do or not do and we continuously allow, enable, permit and create suffering and miseries to have purpose and meaning, or to keep meaning and purpose going. Otherwise, if we had recognize that long time ago for as long as there are births there will continue to be deaths, perpetually, then we might have all opted to stop bringing more people here to inevitably suffer and then die over and over again.

Life and death is perpetual, always out with the old and in with the new, but no matter what, suffering and death is inevitable and is something this reality consists of.

Even boredom IS suffering, but without it, or if we were not able to feel any kind of boredom, then what would we do? Would then still do the same things we had always been doing in our lives? Would we seek anything or anyone at all to try and fill and curb that boredom if boredom wasn't possible and did not exist at all?

Life, existence, etc. it all doesn't make any sense, but we do what we do. Everything else that provides us any sort of meaning, comfort or to help make us feel comfy and get through the hard and tough times are all but coping mechanisms to help us try to get through our difficult times until our time is up here. Anything we hang onto, including something for us to "believe in" or "hope for" is all just there to try and fill the perpetual emptiness void, or the miseries and/or fear of the inevitable, are all but coping mechanisms. Eventually we just have to recognize that it is what it is. Nothing is ever truly "fulfilled".

You only live once, make the most of it and enjoy it the best that you could, because there won't be a second time around for you to enjoy it, because everything keeps going forwards. Every second passed is gone and gone forever, you can't rewind in life and go back to wish you had done this or had done that. So just go out there and do something and find something that you believe will give meaning and purpose to your very existence.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe there is so much more to this existence than this pathetic life here on earth. A place where we literally have to invent things to give our lives purpose... I hold on strongly to the belief that this is not it, that there is more... I have no idea what 'more' might be but I find the prospect of death really exciting. I don't see it as an end but a new chapter. I may not be able to consciously recall my life here and I may not be able to experience this new chapter in any recognisable way but I feel in my heart that it's true.

I'm not religious in any way but I also don't follow the belief of there being nothing after death.