Have you ever read the holy book?

Bible hand cutting, female humiliation, homosexual killing. There are sections like. In this social experiment everyone thought the verse was read from the Qur'an. They learned it was a bible. They were shocked. They said they heard for the first time. Did you guys know?

523

What Guys Said 23

• 1|0
  • I've known for years. I stopped being religious when I was 14 and then learned all that stuff a couple years later. I just separated my emotions from my beliefs so that my beliefs weren't made up of what I wanted to be true, but what was absolutely true. I think if people separate their emotions from their beliefs, the amount of religious people in the world would drop.

• The Old Testament is full of those kinds of tales and various archaic rules that only applied to the tribes of Abraham during those times of antiquity. However, the New Testament essentially supersedes the Old. I am more familiar with the gospel of Christ and care more about forgiveness and love than I do about picking apart all the various transgressions of man.

• Yea the bible is hate filled and very xenophobic.

• All religious books

• Buddhists who are not pacifists or violent? Those who burned Han Chinese alive in Tibet some time ago and those who persecute Rohingyas in Myanmar

• Again i already said that there are those buddhists who are violent but that is not the point, the only thing that matters is is that buddhist teaching is against violence, the abrahamic religions write in their holy books that they are all about it. Two very clearly different situations.

• No, not into religious books.

• Yes I've tried reading it.
    In ancient times people used to act exactly as the bible said, but now it's been set that bible is just a bunch of refferences that you can interpret the way you feel is the right one, I think it's a shithole of hate if you ask me

• What's most ironic is, I can't find in the bible where unmarried premarital sex is a sin. The Bible does command that if you sleep with an betrothed virgin you have to marry her or pay the virgin bride price, and sleeping with a betrothed virgin is adultery. But I can't find anything that actually says sex between a single man and a single woman is a sin.

• Several times, from cover to cover. There's no better way to convert a believer to atheism than reading the Bible. It's holy in name only.

• Evet.

• Yeah, the Old Testament especially is full of that. A few years ago I set out to read the entire Bible; I got to about 1/3 way through Exodus before it got to be just too much petty crap about certain families.

• Have you read it

• All Abrahamic religions have some weird shit in the books. It's a good thing they aren't enforced though (except for the looneys in theocracies such as Iran)

• No I have not. I know about these kinds of things. Even Buddhists have doctrines on how to murder people.

• Hi welcome to religion read from a book older than the concept of countries which people believe without question

• The reason Islam still has those stereotypes is because many Muslim nations still practice these things, and many (most, actually according to some polls) find them to be completely acceptable. The issue isn't religious. It's cultural. It just happens to be tied to islam.

• Wow, it’s almost like that’s the Old Testament or sometging

• Welcome to religion.

• Yes, parts of it. I know what you're getting at, but I hope things turn out well. i do agree with the god of the bible about killing... some of it

• Yes and it's part of the reason why I don't practice religion period.

• Well yeah... it was written 2000-9000 years ago what do you expect

• the old testament is the honest to god the real deal

• I believe in Roman pantheon. I have no desire to read the Christian faith. Most religions seem to be xenophobic and hateful. I have respect for people of all faiths but they are confusing and often contradictory

• Okudum

• Bu videoyu da izlemiştim

• Haha ben 5 yıldır üyeyim. Güzel kızlar çoğaldı donmelisin

• Hâlâ aynı kafada ergen tavırlar içinde kişiler varsa hiç almayayım benimde 5 yıllıktı nerdeyse

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not surprised. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all of Abrahamic origins. Some are simply filled with more radicals and have had less success than others in terms of interpreting their scriptures in a more civilized/human manner.

Scriptures aside, it's only from one religion do you hear about it's followers carrying out mass rapes/murders and saying it's 'okay' because that's what it said in their holy books.

• Islam civilisation lost and the West won. Muslims countries were invaded, bombed, raped or controlled with puppets there, Muslims were humiliated, Islam was attacked... What would you want from those people? Empathise with them. There's a big war.

• OK. We should fix our faults and you Westerners should fix your faults. I hope wars and terrorist attacks will end.

• No interested

• Okay.

..

• I read some parts of it, not the whole book. Yeah it says these kind of things yet people don't know or they just say they are modern anymore and even bible says so it has no importance.

• The Old Testament has a ton of weird stuff. Its all mixed together as some is prophecy, some is history, some is ethnic propaganda and some frankly just seems like it was written for entertainment.

I usually focus on the parts about Jesus.

• The old testament is just as part of the bible as the new. Good didn't suddenly change his mind lmao

• Like I said, though - separating “the Law” from the proscriptions to temple rabbis, history, weird ethnic propaganda (there is some extreme ethnic cleansing in there - down to the cattle?), etc isn’t cut and dry.

• The Law? All McDonald personnel and many more should be stoned: they work on Saturdays.