Religious, How often do you pray and why do you pray?

Detailed answers is appreciated. I'm also wondering on why you're praying and if you've got some benefits from it. #Religious #Praying #God
Religious, How often do you pray and why do you pray?
  • I don't pray
    Vote A
  • Once a week
    Vote B
  • Once a day or every evening
    Vote C
  • Five times a day
    Vote D
  • Depends on my mood and from period to period
    Vote E
  • A couple of times in the month
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually pray a few times a day, but I go through periods where I forget to pray because my mind is too busy with other things.

I pray to invite and honor the transforming power of God, and I pray for the well-being of other people, other things, situations. I pray to help change my attitude about things, to invite a change of heart and mind if I am troubled with something. I pray in a meditational state when I can - it's hard. I suffer anxiety so quieting my mind to meditate is difficult.

Most of the benefit I see is personal.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I pray a few times a day, for food, when I'm starting my day, when I'm stressing over something during the day, when I'm feeling scared. Just calling on God in my moments of need just puts me at ease.

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to pray 5 times a day, getting very irregular recently.

0|0
    0|1
    • 5 times a day? You will be so happy after you die. Such a wasted life.

• Show All
    • @BirdFly, You've some good points. I would [also] say that since things are individual where people likes different things and have different needs, therefor it would be beneficial for some people, but useless or pointless for someone else.

What's the problem of using a tool to gain happiness? Gaining happiness directly or indirectly shouldn't be a that big deal as long the person is happy and satisfied with the result. But it would only be a problem if the person aren't happy with it. I would be happy if I went to a vacation, but to achieve that I've to work to make money. Working wouldn't necessary make me very happy like the vacation, but sometimes it's necessary to use some tools to gain it.

• Yeah but she is happy because she thinks her prayers been heard by a greater power. Thats the part thats been wasted. Since she could spend her time on doing something producive and actually feel good I call it a waste of a potential.

• if you pray when you pray you dont pray. the point is your whole life to be a prayer and an offering to the Lord and the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do in the morning and night. also at other times when I'm about to eat or if I'm asking for protection in a more dangerous situation

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't pray enough. I need to start a prayer journal.
    I do believe in prayer though. I do believe in a God and life after death.

0|1
    0|0
  • Closest I have come to praying was the last time I saw my father before he passed. My exact words were Lord please take him now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im very religouse i just pray to let god know i love him

0|0
    0|3
  • 5 times a day for the main pray, but i always pray before eat too for gratitude

0|0
    0|0
  • I pray for every meal and overnight before I go to sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • At least a couple of times a day

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 19

• Before every meal and during church.

I pray because we were asked to, and simply crying out to God knowing that I am in his hands can settle my restless anxieties and strengthen my faith. It's a sign of thankfulness to God, anda reminder that we have the privilege of speaking to the very Creator of the universe

0|0
    0|0
  • https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16569567

Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP)
    A massive study which proves that prayer does absolutely nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • You donโ€™t need to do things like folding your hands and bowing your head to be praying. I think everything you say to Him is a prayer, no matter how deep or long.
    For example, even things like praying to God a plate Iโ€™m in the middle of dropping doesnโ€™t break. That would last for less than a second, but still asking Him for help.

Seeing it as that, I generally pray at least a few times every day. Deep prayers come at least a few times per week.

0|0
    0|1
  • I always pray to my true God who is the flying spaghetti monster and I'm a religiously devout pastafarian.

1|1
    0|1
  • There is no schedule. I find the notion of a schedule to be retarded.
    For me, whenever the urge strikes me.

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't believe in God so I don't pray. The last time I visited a church is so long ago that I can't even remember. So no need to pray

1|0
    0|1
  • Never well almost I only pray when I need strength most times I dont

0|1
    0|1
  • If you want something done, you really have to do it yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do pray over my food always. But I be missing not praying for others. It's just me being lazy. Smh

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not try to send a message to a number you do not even know.
    *drops mic*

0|0
    0|2
    • Better than saying "God is a lie"
      This opinion won't get removed ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Show All
    • Omg dude why dont you say that before xD

• I am insulting everywhere randomly and no one is reporting me? But I say god is a lie and I do it with respect to others opinions then it gets removed.

• Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes