Were you raised in a religious household?

Also, how messed up is this.
The second is the view supposedly a few miles from where I am now, and the first is where I currently am.

• Yes, and still am religious.
  • No, but converted later
  • Yes, and am now nonreligious
    Vote C
  • No and am still not religious.
    Vote D

1732

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and I am still religious. My belief is fine for me to practice, but I feel like the culture and the way my family raised me is somehow made me rebel. Some of them contains bullsheet that my belief doesn't find any wrong. For example:

My belief: Ladies shall be brave to propose a man she likes
    My culture/family tradition: Ladies who propose a man is cheap and its inappropriate to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• My grandma raised me, but she didn't go to chruch since she worked 6 days a week and had to clean and rest on Sunday for the grind to begin on Monday, but my mom did take me to chruch sometimes.

I converted to Christianity later in college in 2010.

What Girls Said 16

• My family on my dad's side is religious. My dad is but is non-praciticing.
    I did all the "steps" from the christian religion because of my family even though I didn't even believe back them. I'm an atheist.

• Yes I was raised in a very religious household and i think that it has benifited me in not only this life but the one after this one as well

• I was sort of raised religious. My parents cared more about it when I was young. I terrorized them with my declarations of atheism.

• Raised Christian by hypocrites, not a Christian now.

• It was a Christian home but it wasn't strict. Still religious now but a different religion

• Not really, my mother used to read me and my sisters Bible when we were kids, and we went to mass every Sunday, but that stopped with time. Dad was never religious anyway.

• We're not crazy religious.
    But we celebrate the holidays for my religion. But thats it.

• Yes and now Iā€™m non religious

• Nope & I'm not religious, either, but what does that have to do with your pictures?

• "Also, how messed up is this? The second is the view supposedly a few miles from where I am now, and the first is where I currently am."

• Not really

• Yes and now I look back and appreciate it. I I will I was more religious but I'm more spiritual

• @Safa_Malfoy well it's not bad where I am... my area has Muslims of all different races though so maybe that's why. Like in class I have a few friends, one is Indian, another Russian and another is Somalian and we all get along. We have similar morals so I think that's why.
      Maybe you just need that community of like minded people around

• I haven't ever been "religious" (my Christianity isn't out of a spirit of religion)

• I'm raised in a religious but non-practicing family. Still faithful to my belief though.

• Yes but they never pushed me to practice.

• I was raised as a christian and still am christian, but my beliefs in christianity are extremely different from my family's

• Yeah, and I still am religious, but I had a fucked up childhood and I think most people would come out non religious from it.

What Guys Said 31

• My mother is a Protestant-Christian and my father an agnostic-atheist. Half of my family is probably Christian, while the other half either an agnostic or atheist. I wasn't forced to believe in anything and could believe what I wanted to. My family is liberal. But if I went to funerals, weddings, confirmations etc. it almost always happen in the church. My mother also sometimes took me to the church at Christmas because she didn't want to go alone, but after I stopped being a Christian, she accepted that I wanted to stop going to church then. My family celebrates both Christmas and Easter.

Here's my belief journey in right order:
    Protestant -> Agnostic -> Nihilist atheist -> Agnostic -> Theist

• Agnostic Theist.

Agnostic theism, agnostotheism or agnostitheism is the philosophical view that encompasses both theism and agnosticism. An agnostic theist believes in the existence of a god or gods, but regards the basis of this proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable. The agnostic theist may also or alternatively be agnostic regarding the properties of the god or gods that they believe in.

• They were the gentle type of religious who just wanted to teach us about our religion to prepare us for life.. They didn't call us bad names or make us do crazy shit when we made mistakes (me and my brothers).. I still remember during Ramadan we would all sit around reciting quran almost all night, good times.

I understand some parents were not that kind of religious, I am sorry if you're the child of extremists

• i was kind of raised in a christian way with praying to god and stuff but not "really" christian fanatic level like going to church regularly and stuff.

my parents are no real christians themselfes though. dunno if that did anything but i'm an atheist now.

• voted C

• Yes I was raised in a Christian household and attended church regularly, then I was an Atheist for 11 years. I've just recently rediscovered the Bible and I'm Christian again, I don't attend church but I watch televangelists. In the end I just didn't get the answers I was looking for in Atheism.

• So you think christianity is more comfortable, or did you become convinced by something in particular about it? Did you try reading other texts?

• I was raised in a moderately-Catholic home, became quasi-non-religious for a while (and deeply heretical). Then, I did a few thousand hours of research, and I became a fanatically-religious Catholic, possibly even a Sedevacanist.

• Yes, and now I'm god.

• Yes I sure was

• No and am still not religious.

• Nope and I'm still not religious.

• I was pretty much left to my own devices.

• I was forced to attend church every Sunday and even went to a private Christian school for a few years. That's how I learned that religion is not for me.

• Well never skipped church every week until i got into college until more bad things appearing time to time.

still a believer, but i just don't want to go to church. Still praying before meals and sleep though just to say hi.

• Nice Northern Lights!!

• Yeah, but I keep missing them. It's incredibly frustrating.

• My parents are both very much atheist, just like me. I'm not even baptized.

• No and am still not religious.

• Yes, and am now nonreligious - thank God

• No, I wasn't

• Nope, I was raised in a scientific household. We celebrate all holidays but we all know it is bs.

• not a strict religious but religious

• No but in a catholic school I was but I'm not religious though

• They pretended to be.

• Nah.

• no and i am still not religious

• Raised Catholic, left that

• No..

• Yes myparents are religious , and it kindof fucked me up growing up

• yeah when i was a kid my mom especially really tried to hammer it home. i still believe in G-d and Jesus and everything but i don't go to church and i don't really pray too much

• Well my parents weren't religious but they never forced me to think the way they thought, they always said i could believe whatever i wanted to believe

• More from Guys
    1