Do you think scientists don't believe in god just because of their profession?

They argue that god doesn't exist and says it's all about science... Do you think they would believe in God if they were in other profession?Do you think scientists don't believe in god just because of their profession?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Precisely, their proffesion requires honesty and critical thinking.

0|1
    0|0
    • Some fake internet scientists think that science is an argument against intelligent design. The more you study about the universe the more humbling it is though.

• Show All
    • I also learned about water systems boiler operation and environmental protection. Even plumbing systems required physics and formulas when doing in depth training

• @theflash675 Getme somma dat environmental protection knowledge!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Their profession has nothing to do with it. Science only works in which is observable only, and you can physically observe God to claim wheather he exist or not.

Many scientist throughout were thiest and others athiest. Their education has nothing to do with wheather they believe in God or not.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• 51% of scientists believe in God or a higher power.

(http://www. pewforum. org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/)

Not sure why its assumed science somehow denies God. That's a commoner's thinking.

Been 50/50 for a looooong time, even in Sir Isaac Newtons time there was a standoff with this lol

Not sure why its assumed all scientists are atheists though, thats a stretch.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think it's more to do with the evangelical literalist tradition in the US that makes scientists seem less religious. It's impossible to reconcile physics, geology and biology with a 6000 year old earth; but a simple belief in a God is easier.

www.timeshighereducation.com/.../religion-and-science-global-survey-explores-academias-views

"In France, three times as many scientists as members of the general public “believe there is no God”; in the UK, the figure is four times, and it climbs to almost seven times in Italy.

Even more dramatic is the situation in the US, where 35 per cent of scientists, compared with 4 per cent of the total population, are non-believers."

• Show All
    • @goaded

Science helps me believe strongly in God, as its always pushing the limits humans try to set on reality

• That sounds like the kind of religion I can respect. I'll dispute your conclusion that there's a god, if you ask, but unless you do there's no reason to get into that.

It's the people who pretend that there's scientific evidence against evolution or the big bang, any more than there is against gravity, electromagnetism, or the periodic table that will get an earful.

• That explain everything 😂

2|4
    0|0
    • The greatest scientist affirmed that atheism was not invented by a man of science, but all of them were just mediocre philosophers

• No, not necessarily. It's 100% possible to be a scientist and be religious, there have been many, many examples of that, so I don't believe they'd be religious if they were in another job.

1|2
    0|0
  • Being employed in a STEM field has nothing to do with religion. It's a job, therefore their religious beliefs would largely be the same regardless of where they're employed. Also, assuming you are talking about the Abrahamic God (capital G), and assuming the question disregards all other religions, I've met physicists and biologists who firmly believe that God created everything, which includes science (as broad a term that it is).

0|1
    0|0
  • Scientists can do both I think.
    Profession probably doesn't affect your religion too much, I think religion comes from the parents with the way they raised you.

0|1
    0|0
  • All of my professors are religious so that's not relevant for them

0|1
    0|0
  • Many scientists believe in God.

2|2
    0|0
  • A christian scientist?

0|1
    0|0
    • Not religious type.. Everyone

• Show All
    • They choose their profession because of what they believe.. You wouldn't become a dentist if you were a chocoholic, nor become a financial advisor if you were a shopaholic?
      Or not.. I don't know.

• Well said..

• Some scientists do

0|1
    0|0
  • Einstein believed in god I think

1|1
    0|0
  • Im really not sure

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think science proves or disproves God's existence. I see science as more of an understanding of how things work/function.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 33

• Scientists are being forced to accept that there are energies and forces that they can not explain. Discovering that all things are connected and our consciousness has a direct affect on matter. Our consciousness/spirit/soul or whatever you want to call it creates our reality. The scientists themselves proved it. It is a branch off of the collective consciousness. Our source of divine intelligence. ♥️

0|2
    0|0
  • Not all scientists are atheist but let's say 20% of the world are atheist then we can easily say 40% of the scientists are atheists.
    (Numbers are just to give an example. I meant the scientists must have more atheists % than world atheist %)
    Sorry if my English is not enough to explain but I hope you got my point.

0|2
    0|0
  • I have a difficult time believing in a god. I simply can’t. I’m more of the spiritual type, as my mother is Native American. I find it compelling that there are spirits, but not a true god that Christians believe.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, maybe they don't believe a book that says that a man in the clouds made a man called Adam, then created a rib woman called Eve who cursed all of humanity after a talking snake convinced her to eat an apple from a magical tree.

0|1
    0|0
  • Plenty of scientists believe in God. In fact, knowing more about the natural world doesn't make people "woke" from religion, it often awestrikes people into believing that there must be someone smart behind all of this cool stuff.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends what kind of science. Science usually requires logic. God defies logic. Kurt Gödel, a close friend of Einstein, created an equation to prove why god can't possibly be real. It's like a Muslim being a Catholic priest.

0|2
    0|0
    • Not only was he a close friend of Einstein, but I'm willing to bet that Einstein owes a large portion of his success to Kurt. Einstein once said that the only reason he went to the institute was because he enjoyed the long walks home being able to talk about physics and philosophizing with him.

• Science and Belief are not the same, and a person can be a 'Scientist' and still follow some 'Spiritual' ways that are DIFFERENT, and NOT part of their 'Science WORK'!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe scientists that don’t believe in “God” it’s because God is a ridiculous fiction invented by useless who resign all responsibility to an invisible and imaginary friend. Also, it provides a job to the family fool.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know a few scientists who believe in God specifically because of science. The way I look at it is that God created the big bang, and then science does a good job of explaining what happened after he did that

0|1
    0|0
  • I forget the exact estimate but some scientists do think theirs a god but no I'm a busboy and I'm a atheist all it takes is looking at the evidence, having a 6th grade understanding of science, being truthful to oneself if you were religious to begin with and looking at the flaws in your old religion

0|0
    0|0
  • Plenty of scientists believe in god. It’s just that imaginary creatures can’t be tested or observed in scientific fashion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well their profession pretty much is the only profession that could deny his existence with legitimate claims so it makes sense they don't believe. It's there job to study and practice science.

0|1
    0|1
  • Lots of scientists believe in a God and lots of non scientists don't believe. It's down to the person, although I do think amongst scientists there is a higher proportion of non believers

0|1
    0|0
  • You probably know of the astrophysicist Neil Tyson. He has a good explanation for why most scientists generally don't believe in a god. Just search for it on YouTube

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, the more you learn about reality, the less you need a magic man in the clouds to explain what you don't know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some scientists don't believe in any god / gods.

But there are also plenty that do.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one with even the smallest amount of intelligence can believe in God.

I dint think it's connected to career.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some do. Science is about finding the truth about how things worth, not about debunking religion.

0|2
    0|0
  • There are a lot of scientists who do believe in God.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's just as split as normal people and religion. A lot of scientists actually gain faith in some kind of higher power with the work they do.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are scientists who believe in God as well, so I don't think it works like that

0|1
    0|0
  • professors are religious but someone believe in different gods

0|1
    0|0
  • There are many scientists that are Christians. There's a difference between superstitious believe in God and a more practical believe in God.

Superstition is if you believe there's an actual entity that exists and you believe that the Bible does explain the world and the universe. It's dumb.

A practical believer knows that the Bible is a guide to living a good and happy life with lots of suggestions and anecdotes. Good is just a tool that you use for introspection. You try to judge yourself from a good point of view and then you try to be a good person from that point of view. That's what god is meant for.

0|1
    0|1
  • They don't believe in God because of scientific facts that disprove religious beliefs.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. It's not just scientists who don't believe in a higher power. It's a personal thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Where do you get these very unprecise infos?

I know a lot of researchers who belive in god.

Actually the more people learn about various aspects of life, the more they hare fascinated and tend to attribute that magic aspect to a god.

The fact a scientific belives in the theory of the evolution or in the big bang is totaly not incompatible with beliving in god.

It's all about paradigms. Creationism and the theory of the evolution are two opposite paradigms, but a scientist might use the theory of evolution to work and yet still belive on god.
    Actually there is a trend called "intelligent design" who mixes up various paradigms to give all the credits of what happens in the universe to a god. Long story short, the big bang and the evolution of the living things were planned by a god who wrote the rules.

Don't assume scientists don't belive in god just because of few people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's the other way around. Their disbelief fuels their drive as a scientist.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think the one excludes the other.
    A lot of scientists are religious I bet

0|1
    0|0
  • Science has nothing to do with god

0|1
    0|0
  • THEY DON'T BELIEVE
    one because they are liars
    two because they are stupid on purpose

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD he is above the dome
    it's over there is nothing left for any scientist to go off of
    that dome
    makes GOD 100% real

(ROCKET HITS DOME) so there is no excuse basically anyone who does not believe in GOD at this point is fucking retarded and stupid
    a fool

basically what im saying is atheist get the fuck off my GODS earth
    satanist go die some where and go to hell

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes