Would you rather go to church for a bible study, go to church for worship, or worship at home?

• Go to Church for a bible
    Vote A
  • Go to Church to worship God
    Vote B
  • Worship God at home
    Vote C
  • Do a Bible Study at Home
    Vote D
  • Not interested in Christianity
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't need to sing and dance and jump up and down.

I will go to a Bible study, as long as it's genuinely trying to read and understand the Bible. I also prefer a small group unless it's a lecture.

To me, if you're not studying the Bible or actively helping people, you're just making noise and making Christianity look like just another empty religion for empty-headed people.

So that's about 90% of all "Christians" today. I call it "Churchianity." They know nothing of Christ except some misguided platitudes, "yeah, peace and love, maaaan!"

0|1
    0|0
  • Among the options, I'd rather it be my own form of worship at home.

It's nice to belong to a group of good people, but I can't get behind organized religion on principle.

And as much as studying a book devoid of reality sounds like fun, I feel the Good Book isn't quite as good as advertised, even purely from a moral perspective.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the day. But normally church for bible study, although I do meet with someone for bible study at public locations like a coffee shop. Worship at home is nice, but sometimes I need to be in a room full of others who are also worshipping. Sometimes it’s nice just to be in prayer while others are worshiping around the room.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• I’m interested in Christianity, but the options you listed didn’t really fit me so I chose the last. I enjoy learning about world religions and frequently watch videos and engage in discussions on the topic.

0|0
    0|0
  • The people of God have always gathered together for worship - it's something we should actively seek out. The community has a very important part to play in strengthening our faith. As for a Bible study, you can do that anywhere

0|1
    0|0
  • Okay the thing is... I am a real Christian but I like to worship God at home. At church (my church) there is a lot of fashion going on and u can easily stick to it. And how Churches were effective in those days now it has changed. There is all kinds of stuffs going on so I choose to worship God at home. We know HE is everywhere. People will say I dont like Church but they dont know why. God is everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • While I consider Bible study to be a form of worship, the main reason to go to church is to worship God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in public, congregational worship to praise and give thanks that God loves us so much that He gave His Son to bring us all back into communion with God such as Adam and Eve had before the Great Fall sundering our relationship with God which He had planned from the beginning. Enough Said!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not religious, but I used to go to Sunday school with my wife. Interesting discussions. She goes to a pretty liberal church. They focus on Love Thy Neighbor, rather than fire and brimstone. The class was lead by a 70 year old, retired police chaplain, who still spends about a month every year building houses in New Orleans. In my opinion, that's Christianity done right. Jesus was all about love and forgiveness.

0|0
    0|0
  • God of creation

There at the start, before the beginning of time

With no point of reference

You spoke to the dark and fleshed out the wonder of light

And as you speak

A hundred billion galaxies are born

In the vapor of your breath the planets form

If the stars were made to worship, so will I

I can see your heart in everything you've made

Every burning star, a signal fire of grace

If creation sings your praises, so will I

0|0
    0|0
  • I just go to the service. I was born Roman Catholic, but I'm not really religious these days. However, the priest or whatever at my grandparents' church has real thought-provoking sermons and often ties it to current times.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe but I'm not religious at all so doing anything religious associated is a waste of time for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have found churches to be full of great people who for the most part are being taught doctrine that is man made.
    So I choose B
    I have a far more real relationship with God and those around when I do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go to church for the choir boys, just like the Catholic priests.

0|1
    0|1
  • Religion is a lie. Heaven and hell is a state of mind. Politics is an illusion. You will achieve nothing waiting for a savior

0|0
    0|0
  • Im interested in a good sermon and really only place to me for worshipping God. It seems usually always stale at the churches I go too for worship though

0|0
    0|0
  • If you burn millions in ovens you get called a sociopath but if you burn billions for all of eternity you get called a loving god... not someone I want to worship either way 😂

0|0
    0|1
  • I love bible study, although it was a bit awkward when they would ask me about my faith in Christ, that aside it's always fun to attend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in God but never went to church actually. I never liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel sorry for the lost people who voted E. I chose B but C would be a great choice too!

0|1
    0|0
  • I only visit churches for the works of art they possess. No other reason

1|0
    0|0
  • Not interested in some stupid gods that don't exist.

Fuck Jesus Christ! Mwhahahahahahaha!

*Satanic flames arise*

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Muslim, but me, and other Muslims, do every one of the options.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go to church for sex to cross that off on my purity test.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• isn't Church to both study the Bible AND worship?😂

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't believe in Church... it's a money grubbing machine...
    So C.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t follow religion but when I did as a child, I preferred to do so at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually going to church because I sing for my church (I'm the only kid that does it) and the sermons are never boring

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t fuck with god

0|2
    0|1
  • i'm an athiest personaly

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather not go at all to be honest.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes