Is it true you fears death less the closer you gets it?

I'm wondering if it's true you fears death less when you gets closer it. #Death #Dead #FearOfDeath
All men must die!
All men must die!

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe so. Most people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness , where death was more or less imminent , have calmly accepted their terminal diagnoses. They seem to just live in the moment , or get their affairs in order, and not dwell on their end

I don't fear dying. I try not to think about the inevitable , but if i was told today , that i was terminally ill, and i only had a few days to live , i honestly don't know how i would feel.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I have stage 4, lung cancer and I can say that after sometime I fear death less than as a young man. I don't fear loosing my family but I hate to think about all the holidays and anniversary I will miss. Perhaps this is all foolish becasue I will be where all things like this do not matter. We should not fear death but recognize it is there and if how we are remember by our actions we should renew ourselves to the aid and comfort others. The one's we love and those who love us.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems to be. Maybe it's something to do with wisdom lol, and they just figured out what we don't know. I think that instead of age because I've known old guys who were terrified to die, and a couple young guys who weren't. And I don't know, maybe it's maturity or something lol, but it can happen at any age.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not afraid of death or dying itself, but I am afraid of dying without being able to satisfy God enough in my life.

1|0
    0|0
    • I used to be afraid of death and dying earlier on, but I'm not it now. I'm not afraid of the satisfying of God either and I don't believe in Hell. There may be a Heaven, but as I mentioned earlier, I don't believe an all-good god wants to torture people for an eternity.

• Show All
    • Who were you talking about?

• We call them angels. We can't see them or feel their existence.

• I’m not afraid of dying. I’d only fear a gruesome death. XD.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think that's true, my grand father and father are really afraid of it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've never experienced near death experiences in real life, but I had several sleeping paralysis where it feels like I gets choked by someone. It's not as bad as the rape one, but still horrifying. The first times it was very scary, but nowadays I'm not as scared anymore and rather tries to relax instead.

It's still painful and uncomfortable to get the feeling of not being able to breath at all and getting strangled with either a rope or two hands around my neck. But when I "black out" and almost fall asleep it gets more relaxing again - where I'm not scared anymore. It feels like I've no arms, legs or any body at that point. I don't see black either. I sees a 'nothing', but can still think and have some feeling. Then I fall asleep and wakes up normal again the next morning. The trick is to not get scared and know it's a dream in addition to be willingly to accept death if it was real.

• Show All
    • Wow that sound so scary *-*
      My grand father and father have lots of health problem and faced death a lot, they don't want to die so they're still very afraid.

• Sleep paralysis is scary.

• Probably. At least I get to nap forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I fear life more than death.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on the individual. A lot of people who take ridiculous risks are young, though that is probably because they think they won't fail rather than not fearing death. And some old people fear death a great deal.

But I think it is true for a lot of people. I was amazed at how gracefully some of my relatives handled their impending death. Not like they had a choice I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that varies and it may be related to how satisfied with life a person has been but that is speculation
    Some people when they get older are content and fear it less and less
    Others are the mirror opposite

0|0
    0|0
  • The only people I know who did not fear death were my grandparents. They were devout Protestants and were sure of their salvation. Even if they were wrong and there is nothing after this, they sure were peaceful in passing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. A lot of people die afraid.

But some people can't wait to die and greet death like an old friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Fear of death has nothing to do with how close it is. Some people died screaming in terror. That's just how it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. The unknown deep down will scare and worry you especially death since that is officially the end of all things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think that as age sets in and the body starts to betray you, many would begin to fear continuing to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all. people die in total terror of death all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personal, i'd imagine

0|0
    0|0
  • Anecdotally speaking this seems to be the case

0|0
    0|0
  • sure. i could imagine

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope so