Christian pastor decided to take what Jesus said out of context and paid for it. Thoughts?

C'mon folks. God is clear don't play around with him to test him with stupidity. #DontTemptGod

Matthew 4:7:

Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

Mark 16:18:

They will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Updates:
2d
The pastor went to the hospital tp get helped but suffered swelling to the face and bruises.

Here is the update video.

https://youtu.be/7ewdisyzk4k

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Mess around with snakes and you will hear him face to face when you reach the pearly gates.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

LOL.. Be like what in the world is wrong with you? Didn't you read where I say don't tempt the Lord God?

• 3d

That guy seemed like he was possessed and not by God. Must have been the Cult of the Snakes.

• I agree with you on this one.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Hilarious. I'm serious man I was laughing out loud. The man's an imbecile. They're all imbeciles, and dancing around with snakes like that, it's flagrant, unashamed cruelty and arrogance. Interesting video though. On the one hand I found it cool just how backwoods this lil' community is, but on the other a little disappointed they're not more Tucker Dale Cletus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, this idiot.
    No. The problem is that he messed up with snake. Snake bit him. Simple explanation, no god required. Occams razer at it's finest.
    And yeah, I will go there: I hope he dies. Instead of judging you should ask why.
    If you're that stupid, to play with something that can kill you, you kind of asking for it.
    Solution is simple. Leave the snakes alone. Or anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did he die?

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Don't know, but I saw another video which one did die since he didn't believe going to the hospital.

• 3d

I was gunna say, if he survived its probably great publicity for his church, helps with the donations.
      I hope the snake was ok

• Stupid is stupid, god had nothing to do with that.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Jesus did promise if a poisonous snake or if someone gives a Christian something poisonous to drink unknowingly it will not hurt them since we believe in him.

We're not suppose to be going around and playing with snakes or drink something poisonous on purpose to tempt God like these people are doing.

God will only protect if it was something that happened by accident or misfortune like what happened to Paul on the Island of Malta when a poisonous snake bit him while he was picking up sticks.

• 3d

Acts 28:1-6:

Now when they had escaped, they then found out that the island was called Malta.

And the natives showed us unusual kindness; for they kindled a fire and made us all welcome, because of the rain that was falling and because of the cold.

But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

So when the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, “No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he has escaped the sea, yet justice does not allow to live.”

But he shook off the creature into the fire and suffered no harm.

However, they were expecting that he would swell up or suddenly fall down dead.

But after they had looked for a long time and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds and said that he was a god.

• 2d

If someone gets bitten by a poisonous snake, they screwed without proper medical attention, “god” or not. Anyone that thinks “god” is going to help them is a perfect example of Darwinism at work

• Natural selection, beach.

0|0
    0|0
  • He got what he deserved, as far as I'm concerned.

As if handling the snake didn't make it upset enough, he was screaming into a microphone, dancing with it and swinging it around. The poor snake was probably terrified.

Also note: it took a bit before the snake bit him. It was probably trying to find a way to get away from him, first

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes