Which Abrahamic faith has the greatest capacity for world peace, unity and equality? Judaism? Christianity?, or Islam?

Which Abrahamic faith has the greatest capacity for world peace, unity and equality? Judaism? Christianity?, or Islam?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A unity between the three is the only way to bring peace. All three worship the same God, it's just a minor disagreement about how to do it that's been blown completely out of proportion. The Jew Christian Alliance is just one step towards a unified world. Some Muslims countries are getting on board with peace, but radicalists like Bin Laden will always preach hate for power and control.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You'd have to define some things. Fair meaning what? If by fair you mean that everyone is held to the same law then any of them would be fair (presuming the judge rules in accordance with those laws).

I just reread the title and you didn't say fair... Damn. Just interchange it with equality and I think the idea still gets across.

Unity meaning what? That all people believe the same thing? Well that would be the case with all of them.

Based on our previous discussions I think you mean something more akin to which works best with Western ideologies (ie equal treatment under the law for men and women, no death to apostates etc). If that's the case it's going to depend on who's interpretation you take. Which sect of Judaism? Protestant or Catholic? Baptist or Presbyterian? Hanafi, Shafi'i, Hanbali? You get the idea.

Looking strictly at the texts I'd say they're all pretty much equally bad as they share most all the same ideas. Islam has the problem of being both political and religious, but ardent Christians who uphold the OT laws are similar. Modern Christians have backed off from the political realm (instituting religious laws), but that wasn't always the case and it reformed quite a lot over the centuries. Islam is currently the most damaging in the world as it hasn't gone through the same reform process yet.

0|1
    0|0
  • None of them. I don’t know about the others but Christians should understand that our mission is not for world peace but to lead people to make peace with God. We understand that this world is fallen and the only place that offers true peace and freedom is the Kingdom of God.

1|1
    0|0
  • Non evangelical Christianity. But that is only if Christ came down and said “ You assholes have it all wrong”. “ this isn’t how it’s done”.

Religion of all shades promote political agendas that put man against man because he isn’t like me!

Religion is the opium of the masses.

0|2
    0|0
    • I think Jesus thinks we are all stupid, he ain't coming back.

• Show All
    • I took my ex-wife to a Chinese restaurant in Idaho. I ordered a carafe of Merlot. The shit was warm! So as soon as I was able to make eye contact with the elusive waitress, I flagged her over and explained the problem. She said: "Sir, Merlot is supposed to be warm."
      Yeah, right. Who does she take me for, some kind of GAG guru?
      So I ordered a bucket of ice cubes and fixed the problem. Men are natural-born problem solvers, and our sophistication knows no bounds.

• Duck yeah!!!

• Certainly Christianity. Islam has the violent element of Jihad in it, so that's disqualified. And Judaism has its Jewish racial supremacy, so that's disqualified. Most Jews reject others who have adopted Judaism as not being real Jews if they don't have a Jewish bloodline.

1|0
    0|0
    • Look into a bizarre mental disorder called Jerusalem syndrome, a Christian fundamentalist from Australia nearly started Armageddon by fire bombing a Muslim place of worship.

• NO, do NOT look into the worst examples of Christianity. Look into the BEST examples of Christianity instead.

• None of them. The Abrahamic Faiths are all fundamentally opposed to world peace, unity and equality- they're the chosen people of God, and all others are sub-human heretics who have no human rights nor human value according to their faiths (at least, until/unless they convert, in the case of Christianity and Islam).

1|1
    0|0
  • None, the one thing all three have in common is peace through domination.

0|2
    0|1
    • None of them are perfect, i will give you that, but I do believe they have their interesting aspects,

• Judaism is too small to have any significant inflact on whether there's world peace.

So it's gonna be either Christianity or Islam.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ironically, if Hadrian did not destroy the Temple, and disperse the Jewish population Christianity may not have ever got a foothold outside the middle east, the Nazarenes were a tiny sect of Jews, and they never recognised Christs divinity, Christ was just the Greek word for Messiah, which means king, not god.

• Christianity. It has been, despite the many failures and shortcomings historically, one of the greatest means of bringing Humanity out of poverty and suffering. It even created science

1|1
    0|0
  • are you kidding me? none of those has any capacity to do that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Christianity should be the one. But it will never be because of it's power hungry, greedy and divisive. Islam seems to be about conquest, and Judaism is very intolerant of those who are not Jewish.

0|1
    0|0
  • Christianity, but if any of them had realistic potential it would have happened long ago

0|1
    0|0
  • Yuki.

0|5
    0|0
  • Gonna say Christianity but ill admit im being biased

1|1
    0|0
  • None

They are all anti freedom and authoritarian

0|1
    0|0