Do you believe in God in the sense religions want you to?

I believe God exists as a human construct. God does exist in written form as many characters throughout history. Sometimes as a ruler and creater of all things like in the abrahamic religions and as multiple iterations with different names ruling over one thing like in the Greek and Roman mythologies. A hierarchy of gods. One god can outrank another god.

Sometimes there are also half gods like Hercules etc. The one thing every God has in common is that they are fictional.
Uneducated masses have been manipulated throughout history to believe gods exist in a literal sense and base their lives and personal choices on their beliefs in such numbers that it has become a kind of default explanation of the unknown for the whole world.

Due to this, many educated people also believe God actually exists in a literal sense. This is due to influence from a young age and stubbornness. Some people may be embarrassed to appear wrong. Other people may appear smart but lack an ability to suspend belief and consider other options.

In science, many theories on reality and why things are exist. Some have extremely solid proof yet continue to be challenged as science is not rigid in the same way religious beliefs are. It has no rules. Science can believe one thing to be the case and then discover something else and the facts are updated.

It should be noted that God has never been proven to exist and the only proven facts to ever come out of a religious text have been certain historical events or places to have respectively happened or existed. None of these events were supernatural in any way.

So I only believe in God as far as it exists in human imagination. When the human race dies out, our Gods will go with us.
Do you believe in God in the sense religions want you to?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Religions all want something different even with a similar outline. I feel that we believe in God, in the sense that some religions want us to and don't want us to. We are capable of holding space for both, because we are adaptable beings that change our minds.

We can believe in whatever we want, whether that be damning others or damning yourself. I feel like there are consequences to every belief. Once we go through our cycle of understanding, there is always something new to understand. If we keep going, we will ultimately figure out what is our own truth and purpose in this reality. None of us are perfect, we all mess up. To limit our beliefs to a humanoid being that is also limited to 3D reality experiences seems to be... full of open interpretation... But again, very limited.

Objectivism is beautiful, different is valuable and science does explain a lot of why things happen... I studied sacred geometry, among other stuff... But I've learned that we are not capable of understanding everything. Our human minds are simply too limited to only what we experience and felt. We live on a planet that experiences polarity, that requires balance and chaos in order to survive. We are supposed to hold different beliefs, because this creates balance... and not everyone is capable of knowing and understanding the exact same thing. Conflict is something that just happens, we shouldn't fear it. We need outlets for everything in our life. Death isn't something to fear, but to understand the importance of how it invites new beginnings or opportunities.

I think people should seek God however they want... It will lead them somewhere no matter what. I just hope their intentions are good and pure, because when I think of energy.. Like does attract like... Then I think of the human evolution. We are experiencing this evolution on a conscious level. We can only adapt by accepting changes and going through challenges.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that there is something out there beyond our comprehension. I believe in energy and spirits.
    I do not believe in the Christian God, or any god that was described and defined by a mortal human being.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure psychologists will have something to say about belief in God. Probably transference of responsibility and a wish to return to a simpler time where their parents made decisions for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

You mean now or in the future?

• 5d

Now. Sorry, my dodgy grammar.

• 5d

They should but there are laws about freedom of religion

• No, I don’t believe anything that is written in ink by a humans hand relative to religion that is
    ... not a chance

I only believe what no one can tell me, what you feel naturally...

0|0
    0|0
  • The God of religions doesn't exist. The God who created the Universe doesn't exist unless you consider some atoms or molecules or whatever to be a God.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do believe in God, beyond what anyone tells me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes