What would you think if this was said to you? what would you take it to mean?

Thanks okay so If a minister says this to you while you are in church and she is praying for you what would you think? one day the Holy Spirit is going to get ahold of you and your not going to know what hit you. He’s going to slay you all over this alter.

413

Most Helpful Guys

• It is totally a culture thing. It is about how it is worded. It is discussed how a relationship with God is a about a bridegroom being brought together with his bride. Having a love relationship with God can be seen as a romantic thing at times. But it is also about taking control of your body. Some people when the holy spirit hits them have no control of their bodies. They just fall down. "slay you all over this alter" could mean just allow you to fully fall into him and be under the power and weight of the holy spirit

• I would think the person delivering it is mad and does not have a good grasp of the Jesus or the Bible.

I would think they mean the Holy Spirit is with you and will convict of wrong and purify you so you can live true to who you are supposed to be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take that comment as an insult with that person thinking I'm a horrible human being with zero morals. To me I'm getting- "you are going to pay for your sins you sinner you and boy don't you have a lot to pay for"
    What was your response back to this minister? Just out of curiosity.