What would you think if this was said to you? what would you take it to mean?

Thanks okay so If a minister says this to you while you are in church and she is praying for you what would you think? one day the Holy Spirit is going to get ahold of you and your not going to know what hit you. He’s going to slay you all over this alter.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is totally a culture thing. It is about how it is worded. It is discussed how a relationship with God is a about a bridegroom being brought together with his bride. Having a love relationship with God can be seen as a romantic thing at times. But it is also about taking control of your body. Some people when the holy spirit hits them have no control of their bodies. They just fall down. "slay you all over this alter" could mean just allow you to fully fall into him and be under the power and weight of the holy spirit

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think the person delivering it is mad and does not have a good grasp of the Jesus or the Bible.

I would think they mean the Holy Spirit is with you and will convict of wrong and purify you so you can live true to who you are supposed to be.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take that comment as an insult with that person thinking I'm a horrible human being with zero morals. To me I'm getting- "you are going to pay for your sins you sinner you and boy don't you have a lot to pay for"
    What was your response back to this minister? Just out of curiosity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Laugh and probably say something like if you want people to come to church words might not cut it, get medieval on their ass and give away free beer… It’s working out for some congregations.

www.npr.org/.../to-stave-off-decline-churches-attract-new-members-with-beer

0|0
    0|0
  • Means you are either going to pay for your sins or you are going to be saved by the holy spirit. HALLELUJAH in Jesus name I pray.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd tell her she's full of shit and never go see her again.

0|0
    0|0
  • iam not sure to be honest... probly asked what she ment by it.. but i have a social fear i dont go to partys and such but like to chat with anyone that chats

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd start laughing and say I thought you weren't allowed to speak and ask how those multiple fabrics are feeling

0|0
    0|0
  • What part is what the minister said? Feel free to use “...”

0|0
    0|0
  • "one day the Holy Spirit is going to get ahold of you and your not going to know what hit you." ( that you will receive a miraculous change in your life when you get to know christ and accept him, and that you'll be surprised and amazed when you feel and witness His powerful and loving presence)

"He’s going to slay you all over this alter." ( the phrase sounds a bit urban, but it seems the minister was maybe saying that God was going to succeed in bringing great change and impact in your life that will lead you to soon be testifying on your own how great God is)
    Urban definition of Slay: dominate or succeed in something great ( including wining someone over)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think she is grooming me for sexual abuse as is often the case with religious clergy.

0|0
    0|0
  • that they feel your goibg through some dark hopeless days

0|0
    0|0
  • As an atheist: i would've smacked the man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Creeped out

0|0
    0|0
    • "he's going to slay you all over this alter" I'd either take it as a threat against my life or the minster was trying to use sexual innuendo to make a joke or a pass at me.

• Karma will come to you😂(me).

0|0
    0|0
  • Blow them a kiss and a little wink wink.

0|0
    0|0
  • No have idea

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes