Is there a difference between praying in tongues and speaking in tongues and is this video powerful evidence praying in tongues is the best praise?

http://www.theothersideofdarkness.com/praying-in-tongues/

It appears there in powerful evidence that speaking in tongues is the highest form of praise given to God.

From this video, what are your top 2 thoughts?

Please tell me. This 8 and a half minute long video really touched me in a spiritual manner. Hoe excited are you in my sharing of this with you?

I have always considered praying in tongues to be quite different from speaking in tongues. When praying in tongues, there does not need to be an interpreter but there does when speaking in tongues. Tongues edifies the church in many ways.
  • There is a difference and it is more powerful praying in tongues
  • There is a difference and it is more powerful speaking in tongues
  • No difference. Both are equally very powerful form of praise and/or worship
    Vote C
  • I am unknowledgable to answer
    Vote D

36

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no difference in praying or speaking in tongues. There are many different tongues of the spirit as there are many different tongues of the devil. The main thing is having spiritual discernment of what is tongues from where. Both are very powerful as I began speaking in tongues myself. One must do so in boldness and allowing the Holy Spirit to come forth and actually work in you. It does work. People just don't like it working and is of the devil. It's okay to fear it, but one must respect the Holy Spirit and God's authoritative reverence.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am highly skeptical of the tongue speaking and praying that goes on today. I certainly believe that this miracle was certainly manifest in the 1st century and probably a couple centuries thereafter. But if people have such supernatural gifts today, why is no church in line with the original Church that Christ established? (documented in A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs, etc.). Today's tongue speaking/praying could be an inner psychological reaction and wishful thinking.

• Because many have fallen short and not all tongues are from God.