How many anti theists do you know?

If you have a question then I’m always game to talk. But so gag doesn’t remove this one too, here is a second question.

Do you believe the Noah flood myth as fact and if so how long ago was it in your opinion?
Updates:
1 d ago
Bump

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't know what an antitheist is.

There was a great flood that devastated the eastern Mediterranean region around 1450 BCE when a volcano exploded on the Greek island of Thera (present-day Santorini).

0|1
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

It’s someone who thinks organized religion is inherently dishonest and dangerous to humanity.

Cool I didn’t know that

• A few. Not actually counting but I would estimate about a dozen for sure, and about the same probably are.

I believe there is some truth to the Noah story because multiple cultures from very different parts of the world who would've had little or no contact with each other whatsoever all share a very similar story about catastrophic flooding, very few survivors, and hoarding various animals for survival.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

But they differ in what caused, how they survived it, what if any animals came with them etc. there’s no factual basis in it. Not in geology, structural geology, paleontology, anthropology, dendrochronology, archaeology, meteorology etc.

• Show All
    • 23 h ago

Why? Because of a global flood with zero evidence behind it? Floods have always been terrifying to people. It makes sense that there would be flood myths. It’s not different than correlating stories of dragons, goblins and demons. No proof. Just anecdotal stories passed on and made up by primitives.

• 23 h ago

A better explanation can be found with aronras Noah myth debunk series. Well worth a watch.

• I know a lot. I generally avoid the minutia and focus on whether the concept of God makes logical sense. To me it does. To others it doesn't. If it doesn't make logical sense to someone, then further discussion on the subject is pointless.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

Just a quick question.
      How do you rationalize it to be logical to believe in something that isn’t empirically demonstrated to exist?

• I don't know any anti theists. I know plenty of agnostics/atheists but they all respect people's freedom of religion. They just don't want it to dictate their lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know at leas 20. There's myself and the 19 people who live in my mirror.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't generally talk about religion with people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes