Do religious people realize there are no facts or evidence to prove god is real?

The bible (which is a book) is not proof God is real.

Spiderman, Cinderella or Superman all have books written about them but that still does not prove Spiderman, Cinderella or Superman actually exists.

I could write a book tomorrow based on anything I like. That does not mean what I wrote in the book is real or based on facts.

Have religious people ever heard of fictional books.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
3 d ago
It not an opinion.

It is a fact there is no currently no evidence or proof God actually exists.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There is plenty of evidence that God is real but the bible says that God is a God who hides Himself meaning that sometimes God hides HIs presence from people.

0|3
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

No, there is no evidence God is real.
      Religious people can not prove the bible is fictional or factual.

• 3 d ago

You are forgetting the fact that you can not prove bible is false, so now there is no evidence that God is not real.

• First of all your poll is a little confusing to say the least... and highly biased... I think you need practice forming unbiased questions that actually make sense...

Secondly... what kind of evidence are you seeking? Logically speaking... we can't obtain actual evidence of God. And this is because the fundamental description of God would be a being that is almighty (omnipotent) and has no beginning (eternal) and has no end (everlasting).

Now let me demonstrate this point further...

Imagine someone tells you they believe in God because they were sick and they prayed and then they made a full recovery. For arguments sake let's say this person was telling the truth. Would it still constitute as evidence for God? I would argue no.. because what does their recovery have to do with the origin of the universe and God?

So when we are looking for evidence to prove the existence of God, what we are trying to prove is that there is a being which created the universe. Unless you get direct proof of this you cannot prove for certain that God exists. Now I'm sure you're sensible enough to realise that no person can actually get such evidence because that would involve going back to the moment the universe was first formed and obtaining direct firsthand evidence of this. This kind of observational evidence gathering forms what is called inductive reasoning.

People who choose to believe in a God on the other hand use deductive reasoning to argue their case.. and it goes a little like this:

1. Is the universe finite or infinite? We can argue over this all day long... but most of the inductive evidence on this seems to suggest that it is in fact finite.

2. If the universe is finite then it must have had a beginning.

3. If it had a beginning then how did it begin? There are 3 options.

A. The Universe created itself. This makes no sense since it would entail the universe both existing and not existing at the same time.

B. The Universe was created out of nothing. This also makes no sense since we know that nothing (i. e. the complete and absolute absence of everything) can never lead to something, for example 0+0 can't ever equal 1...

C. The Universe was created by something. This is the only logical answer left. If something has to come in to existence then it must be brought in to existence by means of something else..

4. If the universe was created by something... then what is that thing and what are it's characteristics? This is essentially where we come to the definition/description of God I mentioned earlier. I. e. has to be all powerful for bringing something like the Universe in to being... has to be eternal (to avoid the problem of infinite regression) and hence it has to be Everlasting since all eternal beings by necessity must be Everlasting.

Hence you see the evidence for God is all around us in His creation and it can be reached by a purely deductive argument.

0|0
    0|0
  • That your own opinion, because you don't have faith, the bible ain't no fiction book like peter pan and cinderella... etc

God is real, like it or not!

1|0
    0|2
    • 3 d ago

There is no facts to prove God is real.
      That not an opinion.

I bet you can not show me proof God is real. You can not show me evidence or proof God is real because there is no evidence of his existence

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

Claim does not mean they were 100 percent certain.

• 3 d ago

Your a non believer so no matter what i'll tell you it will be irrelevant

• Many do which is why belief in religion is going down. I think belief in a god might be going up though

Its just faith for many. There is no proof and we all know that. Its based more on reasoning and historical accuracy

For one. We have scriptures approximately 30-60 years after jesus christ. Thats not bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Not being religious myself, I do get that is why it is called a "faith". They have it. I do not. Further, I also know that no evidence exist to disprove deity either. Physicist often argue this back and forth.

In the end, I find telling the faithful they are wrong and let me show you my evidence the contrary to he just as proselytizing as them telling me the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s why they choose to believe, some people choose to believe 1 thing or another it doesn’t make it true, If it’s not hurting anyone let them do what they do.

I would like to point out there also is not current evidence proving there is not a god, we simply don’t know. That why I’m not going to say there is a god but I’m not going to say there is not a god either. The fact as it currently stand is we don’t know.

0|0
    0|0
  • religious people are not rational and appeals to reason fall on deaf ears for them. They are frightened and prefer to cling to their delusions

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they do... but a belief is hope! Do you tell your kids or if you had kids... you’d tell then Santa was real!

0|0
    0|0
  • There is also no proof to say he doesn't exist. To me just the complex designs of an eye, an ear, and a brain seems too complex to have been evolved. That's like saying your car evolved. You just throw all the components into a paper bag, stir it, and out pops an automobile. Does that make sense that a human being came from some early protoplasm oozing from some pond scum? I would believe we were the spawn of aliens than that man evolved from pond scum.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in god but I try not to spoil it for those who do.

1|1
    0|1
  • Look listen, leave religous people alone and you can happily stay athiest. It's that simple.

1|2
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Atheists can't stand to not harass religious people. It is because atheists are immoral and want to behave badly, be whores/sluts/players, do drugs, and mistreat people and think there should be no consequences for their actions and want everybody to be accepting of their crappy behavior. That is why they hate religious people so much and continually harass them.

• There is also no way to prove God isn't real.

Each to their own belief.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are hard philosophical proofs for a grand designer.

0|1
    0|0
  • I asked God for an answer and he answered me, so I know he is there.

1|0
    0|2
    • 3 d ago

The bible is a historical book and predictions came true after they were written. Plus Romans have records showing Jesus' Execution

• You’ll find out when you die. Then it’ll be too late.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am pretty sure some even mention how it's a matter of faith.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many have seen God in real life, who has seen Spiderman?

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of religious people don’t care. I know that too well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, they're all schizophrenic. I was raised in a very religious house hold. I started questioning my own faith when I realized none of this shit makes sense. When I asked my own parents why they were Christians. My mom's response was basically because she was raised that way. My dad's was because he doesn't believe complex life can just develop on its own. So absolute horse shit answers. I find it disconcerting how the bible emphasizes not to question it.
    Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" KJV. So basically, blindly follow what you're told to. The idea of "faith" being pushed is blind following. Most of the people saying they know always use anecdotal evidence. I'm agnostic so I believe all things are possible until evidence is presented to prove something is false but I'm not gonna follow a religion without any evidence

0|0
    0|0
  • Good for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • That's why it's having faith. You accept it as true even if there is no reason to.

0|0
    0|0
  • can you prove there's no facts or evidence that prove God is real? All you can prove is that they haven't been discovered yet. That doesn't mean they don't exist. The Coelacanth was believed by scientists to have been extinct for more than 65 million years, until it was discovered alive in 1938. Yet evidence of it's existence was there. We just didn't find it yet. Mountain gorillas were believed to be a myth until they were found. Yet, evidence of their existence was there, waiting to be discovered. The giant squid? Also believed to be mythical until one washed up on shore. Evidence of it existing was also there to be found. We just didn't recognize it until we knew what it was. Evidence of an existing God is all around us in the world we live in. Whether you choose to believe it or not, is up to you. Of course there's no "proof" yet. But there wasn't "proof" of any of those animals I listed either, until all of a sudden... there was.

0|1
    0|0
  • There aren't also any facts or evidence to prove for certain that he isn't real.

Let people believe in peace. For some, it's the only thing that is keeping them going.

0|1
    0|0
  • Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle all have books , does that mean they are not real too?
    And do atheists have facts to prove non exi

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Existence of god*

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

@TripleAce Boy that's not true , you are talking about agnostics not atheists. Atheist think that they have answers for everything and they don't believe even in the possibility of existence of God!

• 3 d ago

No. Atheism is we dont believe in god because there is no proof. That is a default position

Agnosticism is we dont know and god could be true even with lack of evidence

Again the burden of proof is still on you cause you make the god claim. If you can’t present the evidence then why should we take you seriously

• I guess some do. But everyone believes some things based on faith, whether they are religious or not.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes