How many of you agree with these words of Christ?

Matthew 26:52
Matthew 26:52
8 d ago
I 100% completely agree with it!

310

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with everything Jesus taught. If you live by violence you will most likely die by violence.

39
  • Perhaps a poll would have made more sense, since I don't know what other responses you are looking for other than "Yes, I agree." or "No, I don't agree."

Plus, a poll would have been easier to keep track of.

• Some scholars think that that line originally came from a Greek play several centuries before Christ. The line in that play "Agamemnon" however is ""By the sword you did your work, and by the sword you die." I think that there is still a strong difference between the two. And it is true, those who live violent lives tend to die violently

• Matthew 10:34
    "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

So what does this mean for Jesus? Maybe that's why he was killed.

• It makes sense logically. If you were a soldier in the days of Jesus you likely would die in battle rather than in old age.

• Yes. It means: Those who are violent are likely to die violently (and not live to be very old).

• True but he who lives on their knees will die on their knees

• He plagiarized that line from "Clytemnestra". A queen of ancient Greek legend.

• 8 d ago

Actually Aeschylus wrote that (Clytemnestra probably never existed), and as I said above the two lines are still quite different.

• 8 d ago

A queen of ancient Greek LEGEND

• I don't because you don't necessarily get your punishment or reward in THIS life.

• Not me.

• Means if you kill , expect to be killed.

• They've actually come true in the past for many.

• Well it's often times true.