Does anyone else hate it when people say "I'll pray for you"?

WintersDaughter
Or when they say "God made this happen because he heard my prayer" or something like that?

It pisses me off to no end. Wanna know why? Because they're completely invalidating everything I worked for to achieve what I did.

My extended family says the only reason why my parents are still together and didn't get a divorce is because they prayed for it. Not because my mom and dad worked tooth and nail to over come what happened and forgive eachothers. No no, not because of that. Because of "prayer"

Prayer is why I'm not longer depressed and stopped cutting. Not because I opened up to my folks and talked. Not because I put forth the hard work and effort of getting better.

God didn't fix me. I fixed me. God didn't fix my parents marriage. They fixed their own marriage.

God isn't some genie in a lamp that does whatever you want and I'd love it if my extended family could get over themselves.
6
1