Christians: What theory of atonement do you ascribe to?

mistixs
The core belief of Christianity is that Jesus is Lord and that Jesus's crucifixion saves people from hell. The nature of this atonement has been understood in various different ways throughout history. Here are some. Please read & list the theory that you subscribe to.

Substitutionary atonement (aka vicarious atonement): the belief that Christ took our punishment that we deserve. He died instead of us.

Satisfaction theory of atonement: "Christ redeemed humanity through making satisfaction (compensation) for humankind's disobedience through his own supererogatory obedience." (Basically, his obedience compensated for humanity's disobedience.)

Moral influence theory of atonement: The crucifixion provided an example of God's love for us, which will draw us to love God in return.

Moral example theory of atonement: The crucifixion provided an example of how we should live: loving God and others, even to the extent of giving up our own lives if necessary.

Ransom theory of atonement: common in the early church. Believed that "the death of Christ was a ransom sacrifice paid to Satan, in satisfaction for the bondage and debt on the souls of humanity as a result of inherited sin."
I don't believe in Christian theology
I'm not sure which theory of atonement I ascribe to.
Substitutionary atonement (aka vicarious atonement)
Vote C
Satisfaction theory of atonement
Vote D
Moral influence/example theory of atonement
Vote E
Ransom theory of atonement
Vote F
I believe in another theory of atonement
Vote G
GirlGuy
7
0