Do you get offended by artistic depictions of characters from your religion?

OfDeath
It was brought to my attention that a guy named Armin Navabi who is an ex Muslim who wrote a book called "why there is no god" and runs the Twitter page Atheist Republic (@atheistrepublic) has been receiving death threats from angry Hindus after he posted a picture from another source of the Hindu goddess Kali looking mildly sexually suggestive.
It was the exact picture on this post. First of all, this picture isn't even that bad. Do a google search and there are WAY worse depictions of her than this.

In my opinion, religious people are too sensitive about their mythology. Gods and goddesses are fictional characters. They are made up. I think it's actually worse to do such depictions of cartoon characters like the Simpsons. The Simpsons are voiced by living people who could genuinely be affected whereas no living people are directly correlated with any religious characters. Art is about expression. Death threats over this kind of thing are unwarranted and just highlight the pernicious nature of literal belief in mythology.

What's your opinion? Just light hearted humour which doesn't harm anyone, or something else?
19 d
I forgot to add prominent indian celebrities have been insulting his mother and sending him pornographic images with his mother's face superimposed on them. Totally unjustified and hypocrisy isn't a strong enough word for that behaviour.
2
3